Here is an update from Monday’s meeting:
Dinner and Bowling Social THIS SATURDAY!
- To celebrate the coming of the holidays, Rotaract invites you to dine and bowl with us on November 22nd! The restaurant in mind is Kojima Sushi located at 1834 Commercial Drive at 7pm. For those commuting from UBC, we’ll be meeting at 6:15pm at the bus loop. The bowling alley we’ll be going to isGrandview Lanes at 2195 Commercial Drive, and bowling begins at 9pm. Hope to see you there!
- Please sign up ASAP here if you’re coming: http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/
- The date for the trip is April 30th- May 10th, 2015. The projects that will be worked on are Vision screening and Library setup in public schools in Kathmandu.
- The DEADLINE to sign up is December 1st. Sign up only if certain about going. You can sign up by following THIS LINK
- There was a committee meeting on November 20th at 6pm in ANGU 491B.If you are not getting any emails from Dafna but would like to, emailubcrotaractinternational@
gmail.com and you will be added to the mailing list. You can email your questions, concerns and suggestions regarding this trip.
- Breakfast with Santa will be happening December 6th at Kiwassa from 8:30-12:30. They’re only looking for 3-4 volunteers, so please email Emma and Charlotte at ubcrotaractcommunityservice@
gmail.com if you would like to sign up.
- We would also like to give a massive thank you to everyone who made the soup kitchen a huge success! Everyone’s enthusiasm and hard work was what really made the day a lot of fun.
- If you would like to contribute more to community service initiatives within the Club, please join our committee, where the main discussing and planning of events will happen at these meetings. Special thanks to Steven Zhang and Simran Samra for coming forward with such awesome ideas!
- Committee Signup HERE
Interact Mentorship Program
- Want to become a mentor for an Interactor in high school?
- See and sign up by following THIS LINK!
Committee Sign up Forms
- Click HERE to see the November 6 Newsletter where you can find the sign up forms for the remainder of the committees in the club!
- This Monday’s meeting was our last general meeting of the year!
- However, if you are interested in getting more involved and/or have a project in mind, feel free to come to our next exec meeting.
- Date/ Location: Monday, November 24. ANGU (Sauder Building), Room 291
The Rotaract Club of Vancouver Team