We have quite a few events coming up and we’d love for you to join!
- International Service Trip Updates
- Lace Up for Kids Rotaract Team | Nov.24 |
- Mission Possible | Nov. 26 |
- Red Cross Clothing Drive | Nov. 26 |
- Care Package Social | Nov. 28 |
- Kiwassa Breakfast with Santa | Dec.3 |
INTERNATIONAL SERVICE TRIP UPDATES
It’s decided! This year we will be helping at the Wafula clinic in Uganda for our international service trip. Deadlines for being able to take part in this trip are coming soon so make sure to take note of these dates:
- December 1st: non refundable deposit of $472.75
- December 8th: non-refundable deposit of $1239.76
- Our meeting this week will be on Friday the 25th at 4:00pm in the Woodward library room 20-C – Lower Level
- We will be discussing more specifics of our trip including potential sponsoring as well as the itinerary details
LACE UP FOR KIDS ROTARACT TEAM | NOV. 24 |
- Event Date/Time: Nov. 24th 6-11pm
- We will be going to the event set up by UBC Recreation called Lace Up for Kids as a group to represent Rotaract.
- Lace Up for Kids is a fundraising event for research towards cures for rare diseases, $5 donation would be required of participants
- Our team will be meeting first at the NEST at 5:30pm to head over there as a group
- To sign up just fill out the google form. We hope to see you all there!
MISSION POSSIBLE | NOV. 26 |
- Power Breakfast | 8:30-11:00am |
- UBC Rotaract will be helping serve power breakfast. Volunteers are asked to come a little bit earlier, 8:15 am, for some prep work.
- Coffee House | 12:00 – 1:30pm |
- IF that’s a little bit early for you, you can also help serve coffee and snacks during their coffee house.
- For this we ask volunteers to come at 11:30 am for prep work. There will be clean up until 2 pm.
- Aside from setting the tables/plates, handing out food and cleaning up, we will also have the chance to talk and chill with the guests and hear about their interesting experience living in the DTES.
- There are only 4 spots left so please fill out the google form AND the facebook event to secure your spot!
RED CROSS CLOTHING DRIVE | NOV. 26 |
- Date/Time: Nov. 26, 10am
- UBC Red Cross’ “Cover the Cold” will be handing out clothes to people in the downtown east side.
- You’ll be walking around and handing out the clothing donations as you go by. You can come here instead if you don’t want to wake up too early for Power Breakfast!
- Sign up here and check out the facebook event!
CARE PACKAGE ASSEMBLY SOCIAL | NOV. 28 |
- Date/Time: Nov. 28, 5:30PM
- Location: The Math Building, Room 102
- Finals are coming and UBC rotaract is looking to help! We will be making care packages for finals season and need your help to put them together next week.
- Care packages may include tissues, tea, sticky notes, chocolate and more. All proceeds will be going towards the Wafula Health Clinic.
- We hope to see you there!
KIWASSA BREAKFAST WITH SANTA | DEC. 3 |
- Date/Time: Dec.3, 8:30am-12:30pm
- We’re looking for 5 volunteers to go to Kiwassa and help give smiles to children while they have “Breakfast with Santa“!
- You could be involved with either food-related duties (set-up/prep food, refilling juice, cleaning up) or directly interacting with the children, leading the games, escorting the kids to get their gifts from Santa, singing carols, etc).
- Volunteers are expected to come at 8:30 am and stay until 12:30 pm.
- If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in getting more involved? Just e-mail us back. See you soon
The Rotaract Club of Vancouver-UBC Team