Here is our weekly list of updates:
- Membership Fee Deadline | Oct. 24 |
- Exec Position Applications
- Committee Sign Ups
- Hot Pot Social | Oct. 15 |
- YP Summit | Oct. 20 |
- Oktoberfest | Oct. 21 |
- Rotary on Ice | Oct. 23 |
- Trick or Eat | Oct. 31 |
- T-Shirt Design Competition
- Next Meeting
MEMBERSHIP FEE DEADLINE
- Please remember to bring your $5 membership fee for next meeting
- Also make sure to sign up on Org Sync
- Go the website
- Click the Sign In
- Search for “Rotaract Club of Vancouver-UBC”
- Click Join Now
- MEMBERSHIP FEE DEADLINE: Oct. 24, 2016
EXEC POSITION APPLICATIONS
- Interested in joining our team? We’ve got two positions open!
- Director of Rotaract Leadership Conference
- Director of International Service
- Just fill out our application form attached to this email, then return it at our next meeting or email us back
- Interviews will take place from 5-5:30pm on Oct 17th
- More details to be provided
- Applications deadline: 11:59pm October 14th
COMMITTEE SIGN UPS
If you were interested in joining one of our committees, fill out the google form provided in the links below and we’ll add you to their specific mailing list for committee updates!
HOT POT SOCIAL
Come out to our first social for some HOT POT!! We’ll be going to Little Sheep, a Mongolian Hot Pot restaurant. For those leaving at UBC we’ll be meeting at 12:25PM for the 99 bus. See you there!
- Date/Time: Oct.15th at 1PM (if you’re meeting us there!)
- Location: 1788 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6J 1Y1
- Sign up here!
- Calling on Rotaractors from the Vancouver-UBC club to be part of the Rotary District’s 5040 first-ever Young Professionals Summit! Rotary District 5040 is offering 7 volunteer intern positions that are flexible (5-10 hours per week) for students.
- By applying for one of these volunteer roles you will have the chance to be part of this pioneer team made up of Rotarians, coaching experts and young professionals. You will also be able to improve your real-world skills, make an impact in Rotary, and build your network.
- Check out this link for information on vacant roles! From social media to logistics, to marketing and sponsorship – there is something for everyone! Link: https://goo.
Two important dates to remember:
1. Sign up below for an information session on the summit and to ask any questions you may have.Link: https://goo.gl/nV4lYc
When: October 20, 2016 | 6:30pm-7:00pm
When: Irving K. Barber Library, Room 416
2. Application DEADLINE OCTOBER 27, 2016 at 11:59PST
- Date/Time: Thursday, October 21 at 5:30PM
- The Rotary Club of Vancouver is hosting a fundraiser for Rotary Youth Programs at theVancouver Alpen Club
- Tickets are $50 for Rotaractors and covers admission and a German buffet-style meal
- Bring friends, everyone is welcome!
ROTARY ON ICE
- Date/Time: Sunday, October 23 from 3-6PM
- Rotaractors from across the district will be selling 50/50 tickets at the Vancouver Giants game at the Langley Events Center to fundraise for the Polio Plus Campaign.
- Email us if you would like to attend and carpooling will be arranged
COMMUNITY SERVICE: TRICK OR EAT
- Date/Time: Monday, October 31
- In collaboration with UBC’s Meal Exchange, we’ll be going around Vancouver house to house dressed in Halloween costumes asking for non-perishable goods and/or monetary donations!
- Finalized details will be sent out in a couple of weeks and volunteer sign up instructions will be available next week. Hope to see you all there!
FUNDRAISING: BAKE SALE
- The first fund raising event of the 2016 school year is going to be a bake sale!
- The bake sale will happen in the nest during the first week of November.
- If you are interested in helping plan the bake sale please fill out the fundraising committeegoogle form (also provided above)
- This weekend, our Fundraising Director will email everyone who signed up and arrange a time to meet for the following week!
T-SHIRT DESIGN COMPETITION
- Have a talent in graphic design? Or just like art in general? Help UBC rotaract design our next t-shirt and you could win! The design is open to your imagination and can include text
- Design must appropriate and include the rotaract logo
- All submissions due by October 24
Our next meeting is this MONDAY (OCT 24)
Membership pins will be given at this meeting!
- Time: 5:00PM
- Building: Math Building
- Room: 102
Interested in getting more involved? Just e-mail us back. See you soon
The Rotaract Club of Vancouver-UBC Team